Monday, September 15, 2008

Monday, Sept. 15, 2008

Well another week has passed and lots has happened. About 10 of us shaved our heads: Judy, Jerry, Sharol, Shelly, Stephanie, Jason, Shelly's husband, his brother and their father and the Bishop. It was an evening of fun and frolic. I will try to post the before and after pictures. It really does change everyone's looks to be bald! After everyone had left but Jason, Steph and Derek ... Jason decided to try on his mother's wig and earrings. It was amazing how much he looked like his mother.

However, it was too much for Judy and she was pretty sick on Monday and ended up spending 3 days in the hopital before all was said and done. They never did get to the source of the infection, though they tried. I thought they would put her on a high powered IV antibiotic and was quite surprised when they went the other way. They took her off all antibiotics to let the infection bust out, so they could find the source. It never did bust out and Judy got tired of all the tests and blood draws and finally just said, " I have had enough. I am going home!" After coming home her temperature came and went and she seems to be very gradually getting better. We have concluded that she must have gotten a touch of the flu bug.

On Saturday she gave me enough instructions to bottle 13 pints of pickled beets and 8 1/2 quarts of tomatoes from our garden. Today I am going to try my hand at banana nut bread!

2 comments:

Jeanna C. said...

You are such an amazing person! It brings warmth to my heart every time I read the blog to know that Aunt Judy's time is being spent being taken care of by such a loving husband. I can only hope that one day I can find a man who will treat me half as good as you treat aunt Judy. I love you both very much!

Tiffany said...

As a friend of Shellys I have always heard her talk about her family. I think it is amazing how y'all have all pulled together to be strong for her during this hard time. The love and joy between your family and standing there with her in all your bald glory is beautiful. Your family stays in our prayers.

Andrew and Tiffany Johnson