Friday, February 27, 2009

Friday, Feb 27, 2009 4:15 PM

At about 9:00 AM John called me on his cell phone, wanting to know where on my 3 mile walk I was. He came and picked me up, saying they didn't know if I could make it back before Judy expired. I made it back, but the next three hours were heart rending as She was in so much pain and throwing up a lot of bile. We gave her ever increasing doses of Morhpine, but could not get ahead of the pain. Her stomach and back were just killing her. We called Hospice and the head nurse came over to assist. She increased the Morphine even more and added Lorazepam to help with the anxiety. Judy struggled like a woman in labor for nearly two hours, before the pain subsided. Since noon she has been in and out of consciousness and has beencatherized. She is just too weak to make it to the bathroom any more. I do not see how she can survive through the night!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for the update. It has got to be soul wrenching to see her suffer. She is in my thoughts and prayers constantly.
God bless you all!
Carol

Jamie said...

Jerry, We love and hope you are doing okay. I miss Judy already.

Mack & Karen Tarwater said...

May you and yours be surrounded with an abundance of love and peace from our Heavenly Father. It's now 12:45 a.m. and I'm wondering if Judy hasn't been welcomed into her heavenly home. What a valiant warrior she has been enduring to the end. Karen Tarwater

Ellsworth Family said...

To all the Stocketts:

We are certainly thinking of you and praying for your comfort and well-being. Thank goodness for the gospel which brings reassuring peace.