Thursday, June 12, 2008

6/12/08 Thursday Morning

I should have realized that things were going too well! Judy felt feverish yesterday afternoon, but did not mention it to me. However, she made up for it in spades. I woke up at 2:30 this morning with Judy telling me that she thought she had a fever. So I dug out the thermometer. Sure enough it was 102.7. Huntsman's policy is you call if you have a fever over 100.5. So I gave her a dose of Tylenol and called Huntsman. They advised me to take her to the local emergency room to see if they could identify the source of the infection, take some blood samples and get her on antibiotics. She had just finished a course of Cipro for the last infection.

They were unable to identify the source and so just started her on a 90 minute IV dose of Levaquin and sent her home with a prescription for pills to continue the treatment. She was released from the hospital at about 8:00AM and is now home catching up on her beauty rest.

No comments: